Sunday, March 2, 2008

March 2nd

Today is a crazy day, but i'm happy with my preformance.
i'm at war with Donkies, they got the luck, i got the skill.
I end the day with
-$5...lol i'm laughing.
I start out making some big folds, as i know they make their hand, so i tight up my game, and wait for big hand, and finally i nail the donky, late on i got suckout, and suckout.......so i know, i have to change the way i play, because there are just so few big hand you can have, and have somebody else paying you too.
I went in there, start playing small ball poker, fighting for every pot, I make small value bet, after small value bet, trying to keep the pot small to a level calling with TPWK, MP ain't too bad.
I got pay off alot, and sometime donky push, then....what do i have...easy fold.
you can see the EV graphic, showdown winning is up the roof, mostly because i bet my hand for value. Time like this, metal game is most important, and just go out fighting.
when i say go out fighting, i don't mean doing anything fancy, Small Hand, Small pot, when pot get too big, and they push,....unless you have 99.9% of read that you are good here, I just let them have it. no sense to go allin with middle pair......lol
Hold'em is such an interest game, everytime you think you got it down, something new comes up, and give you more stuff to think about.
Here is a quote from "PZHON" wrote at 2 + 2, after tonight I think I can understand what he meant.
If you don't often get your money in with the worst hand, you aren't playing well. Sometimes you should value bet without the nuts, and run into a monster.
Sometimes you should make a correct bluff, and lose.
Sometimes you should make a correct call, and lose.
If you are constantly getting your money in with the best hand, that means you are blinding down, and not stealing enough blinds or picking up pots where no one has anything, and you are not making enough good value bets. When you do pick up a monster, you will be trying to win your own money back instead of playing to win.
Here is today's graphic








No comments: